Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mired In, but...

Research. That is what it comes down to. I have ideas for new topics but sometimes they go nowhere. It is like I am mired in tiny pieces of information and none of them fit together. They sit in piles on the floor and shift themselves about but never seem to coalesce. This is my present state. 
However. I can see that proverbial light. I have noticed that a few pieces of information stick together  haphazardly. It is just going to take a bit more time.
Thanks to Elephant's Eye who inquired into the lack of posts. To me it was like hearing Oliver Twist say "Can I have some more please". It is coming.




6 comments:

  1. Patty, Your posts are always incredibly interesting and educational. It is obvious that each takes hours of research and then finely crafted essays appear with your well chosen illustrations. I miss them and others that I have not been up to visiting. I did wonder what was going on for you. Diana is good at checking in. Your post are most unusual and missed. Best of luck for the pieces to come together . . . in your own time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll wait. You are worth waiting for. My mother talks fondly of the Galileo's daughter book, which you told us about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Carol and Elephant's Eye - You have no idea how appreciative I am to hear such kind words. I feel more assured that I will continue to have readers despite the lengthening time it takes to write one of these posts. Thank you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered where you where and was glad to see an update. Sometimes with research we get to the bottom of a rabbit hole only to find it doesn't connect to all the other holes we've dug. It will all come together when you're ready to write and we'll devour it when it does! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Casa Mariposa - a perfect analogy. I truly appreciate you checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Patty,

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
    Peace
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? I'd love to hear from you.
Sorry about the code verification, I get too much spam if I don't have it on.